Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein Lowers Cholesterol
Comments from Dr. Steve Chaney, U.N.C. Chapel Hill
The American Heart Association has recently recommended soy protein as part of a heart-healthy diet, but it has not been clear whether it was the isoflavones, the low fat content, or the amino acid composition of the soy protein that deliver the cholesterol-lowering benefits. Shaklee's latest, ground beaking clinical study provides the answer to that question. The study was conducted by Dr. William Haskell and his colleagues at the Stanford University Medical Center and was published in the latest issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (volume 73, April 2001, pp.728-735).
Shaklee provided three different protein supplements for the study: Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein, a version of Energizing Soy Protein that contained no isoflavones, and a low fat milk-based protein supplement similar in composition to Shaklee's Meal Shake except that the protein and carbohydrate composition were adjusted to be the same as the soy proteins. The participants consumed 3 servings (42g of protein) of these protein supplements in a randomized, double bind, placebo controlled, 16-week clinical trial. The participants were instructed by a dietitian to make dietary adjustments so that there were no changes in overall protein or caloric intake in their diets. The results were dramatic. The decrease in LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) was 4 times greater with the Energizing Soy Protein than with the soy protein supplement that lacked isoflavones.
Interestingly, the low fat, milk based protein supplement was almost as effective as Energizing Soy Protein at lowering cholesterol. This is an important finding because Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein and Instant Protein Soy Mix are standardized to contain 27mg of isoflavones/serving. Many other soy protein supplements on the market are prepared with an alcohol washing procedure that removes all of the isoflavones. Still other supplements may say on the label that they have soy isoflavones, but in fact they cannot guarantee that each batch of their product delivers what they promise because they do not manufacture their products according to pharmaceutical standards. The bottom line is clear. Shaklee's Energizing
Soy Protein is clinically proven to lower serum cholesterol levels. Our competitor's products are not! Plus if you can't use the Energizing Soy Protein for one reason or another, our Meal Shakes aren't a bad second choice!
Menarik kan hasil kajian ni. Terbukti yang isoflavones dalam Energizing Soy Protein (ESP) banyak khasiatnya. Salah satu daripadanya ialah menurunkan kadar kolestrol jahat dalam badan, seterusnya meningkatkan kesihatan jantung anda! So, hati-hati bila mencari minuman soya di luar sana. Bukan semuanya sama. Walaupun bukan semua yang mahal adalah yang terbaik, tetapi kualiti ESP Shaklee adalah setanding harganya.
Fakta tentang Energizing Soy Protein Shaklee
Energizing Soy Protein is high in protein, that is naturally low in fat, and naturally lactose and cholesterol free. It also provides all the amino acids,including the nine essential ones your body needs but cannot manufacture itself. Using the newest methods for assessing the quality of protein, soy protein that given the score of 1.0 — the highest rating possible and equal to that given animal proteins such as those from eggs and milk. Energizing Soy Protein products are also good sources of calcium and iron.
In addition, Energizing Soy Protein provides naturally occurring beneficial plant compounds that are being extensively studied. Soy contains isoflavones, especially genistein and daidzein. These are intriguing to researchers because they are phytoestrogens and maybe related to soy’s ability to regulate hormonal balance and deliver long-term health benefits.
Some soy protein products are alcohol-processed, which removes isoflavones. Energizing Soy Protein is water washed to retain naturally occurring isoflavones such asgenistein and daidzein. Shaklee uses only non-genetically modified (GMO) soy protein certified through an Identity Preservation Program (IPP). This program assures that the soy we use is tightly monitored and controlled from planting and harvesting to processing.
Who Might Benefit from Energizing Soy Protein?
• 58 million people who are concerned about heart health
• People interested in reducing their intake of the typically high-fat, high-cholesterol animal sources of protein and supplementing their diet with a plant-based protein source that is naturally low in fat and lactose and cholesterol free
• Vegetarians or vegans looking for a high-quality protein source that contains no animal products
• People interested in the health benefits associated with consuming soy
• Anyone interested in supporting the body’s natural ability to ward off hunger and maintain energy for hours
• Helps build muscle, skin, and hormones
• Supports the immune system
• Retains normal cholesterol levels
• Promotes heart and prostate health.
• Contains soy isoflavones, which can help minimize hot flashes and promote breast health.
Why Choose Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein?
• 14 grams of protein per serving
• Uses only IPP-certified non-GMO soy protein
• Highest-rated protein quality
• Natural vegetarian protein source
• Naturally cholesterol free
• No saturated fat
• 1 gram of total fat per serving
• Naturally lactose free
• 50% of your daily needs for calcium
• All the amino acids, including the nine essential ones you must get from food
• Water-processed to retain naturally occuring isoflavones
such as genistein and daidzein
• No artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, or preservatives
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
Boleh hubungi saya melalui:
emel : ainihayati[at]gmail.com
fb: Aini Hayati Luey